My experience distribution rules (calculated by the spreadsheet) are explained on the wiki.
I'm sorry I can't say what the combat was against. It was a single encounter detailed in the module, Ternketh Keep, available through my Jumpstarter Proposal.
I told Oddbit that the total damage the party did was equal to 297; the adjustment shown on the table above shows 251.9. That is because magic damage is accounted as equal to 3/10ths weapon damage for experience purposes. The party mage cast magic missile and burning hands (wanting to reserve other combat spells for later combats).
Total experience (adding 10%) amounted to 11,057. Without the 10% bonus, 10,279. As can be seen, some participants do not get a 10% bonus.
Classes are as follows (for participants only):
- Taver is a 2nd level illusionist
- Vlad is a 2nd level ranger
- Olie is an 8th level thief
- Demifee is a 6th level mage
- Sunsky is a 1st level fighter
- Holly is a 4th level fighter
- Perkin is a 3rd level fighter
- Sharper is a 7th level fighter
- Woodsole is a 5th level druid
- Fehim is a 2nd level fighter
- Sven is a 5th level cleric